This one week course, organized by the Hubrecht Institute, is a mixed Master & PhD course.
It consists of 5 days of lectures, divided into different stem cell lineages and applications:
– Intro, embryogenesis, pluripotency
– Techniques (CRISPR/Cas9, iTOP, etc)
– Stem cells of musculoskeletal system, cartilage
– Hematopoietic stem cells
– Cardiac stem cells, heart regeneration
– Ethics on stem cells and organoids
Note: it is not focussed on iPSCs or differentiation techniques, but mostly on developmental biology.
Because it is a mixed course, the course is concluded with a computer exam on the last day! 1.5 ECTS. Basic knowledge on developmental biology is required.